Chevy’s Tips for Transporting Your Holiday Tree
The Chevrolet engineers came together to create helpful tips to successfully secure your holiday tree on top of your vehicle this year. So before you head on out, take a few moments to make sure you’re fully prepared for your annual tree-hunt outing. Follow the tips below to confirm everything's in order this year:
- First off, you want to dress warm and bring a pair of gloves, because winter is coming and trees are prickly!
- If you are placing the tree inside your vehicle, you should bring a tarp to place it on. If you are transporting the tree on top of your car, make sure you have cross-rails installed so you don’t damage your car.
- The tree should be tightly bound with netting or rope before securing it on top of the vehicle.
- Place the stump end of the tree toward the front of the vehicle to reduce aerodynamic drag and ensure a safe drive home.
- Your tree should lay directly overtop the cross-rails, loop twine over and around it, and repeat to cinch it with a figure-eight motion to secure it tightly to the vehicle. This will prevent the tree from moving on your drive home.
- Try to avoid driving on highways with your tree on top of the vehicle for a safer ride home.
BONUS TIP: Choose a vehicle such as the 2018 Chevrolet Traverse with standard OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility and 120-volt power outlet so you can take the holiday party with wherever you travel!