It's a Big Year for Chevy Trucks
We are just a quarter of the way through 2018, and we have already been flooded with big (literally) news and updates in the Chevy truck world. First, in January, the 2019 Silverado was unveiled at the Detroit Auto show, then in March, Chevrolet unveiled the 2019 Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD trucks.
What do all the 2019 models have in common? Stronger, and more efficient. Here is a recap with just a sample of features of the new trucks you can look forward to.
2019 Chevy Silverado
- Mix of aluminum and conventional steel - Doors, hood, and tailgate are aluminum while fixed panels such as fenders, roof, and bed are conventional steel
- Weighs 450 pounds less than its predecessor
- New angles that continue along the fenders into the front door panels and project a leaner look and improved aerodynamics
- Headlamps are notably thinner and more angular than in the past
- 4G LTE wireless capability
2019 Chevy Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD
- All chassis cabs are built with a cab, but no rear body or bed providing great versatility
- Each truck will be available with rear- or four-wheel drive
- 6.6L Duramax diesel engines that produce 350 hp and 700 lb-ft of torque
- 6500HD, should be able to haul at least 26,000 pounds
It’s a big year for Chevy trucks! The same year we are celebrating 100 years of Chevy trucks, we have all of these new Chevy truck upgrades to look forward to. Stay tuned for more updates and information as it comes in!